Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 19 July 2007

Drip




I had it all figured out this week. I would go out and capture a drip on the tip of a leaf in our garden. It has been raining for weeks, this would be easy!

Hah.

It hasn't rained since Monday.

I toyed with the idea of putting the hose over a pot plant but it was too cold to go out there and mess about with water. Baby Angel in the shower? "Get real Mum!!!!" (I'll take that as a no then)

OK. The ubiquitous dripping tap. I know everyone will do it but hey, its a challenge anyway. Catching a drip is not easy!!

Himself: What are you doing?
Me: Nothing. Well, I'm trying to photograph a drip, but I think I've got the wrong camera.
Himself: I thought you were meant to be marking exams.
Me: errr..........................
Himself: (sigh) exits and returns with own camera

.
Sometimes I really hate him.

For other moist and drippy photos splash over to Tracey's at Picture This.

15 comments:

jenny said...

I love that last shot---you got it! :-)

By the way, I am aiming to keep "the flaming sword" firmly in my own hands and not turn it over to my children! ;-)

Brittany said...

I have to admit, I love the conversations you have...they always make me laugh.... Drip was a hard one to catch! It's raining here, want me to send some your way???

Melody A. said...

You're right, catching a drip is not easy.

Amy Jo said...

Oh boys! Always thinking they know better! I was thinking of trying to capture a faucet drip as well, but luckily for me our rain hasn't ceased! Nice shot, none the less!

Christina said...

You say "everyone will do it" but this is the first dripping faucet I've seen today. I always enjoy your commentary.

And thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog!

Arizaphale said...

Oh Jenny. I am such a fraud! That was HIS shot!! Oh and for failing'flaming sword' see this post...
http://arizaphale.blogspot.com/2007/07/too-much-birthday.html

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you have a photographer husband. I couldn't get mine to pick up a camera if my life depended on it.

Stacy said...

Well good shot regardless if it was the one you wanted to take or not. :)

allie said...

Made me laugh, again:) Great shot. I have never actually tried this!

Anonymous said...

Great shot, and great story!
Thanks for posting it.

Karen said...

I wasn't sure if that last shot was yours or his. It's a good one! but the idea was yours, and that counts for something, right?

kim said...

Don't you hate it when they come in and just do it for you? My husband does that to/for me sometimes and I just hate it! Because I know I can do it! Just show me how to do it!

Cari said...

I admire your patience. :) I hope you had some fun trying to catch the drip.

mandaroo63 said...

Yes, I too had great ideas for "drip" I really wanted to catch a popsicle dripping, glistening in the sunshine, but just didn't find the time and it probably would have been pretty hard to capture, I still might try sometime. Great capture with the faucet.

Dawn said...

very funny story - and i posted my pic before reading your post, funny eh? thanks for your compliment! have a great weekend!