Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Best (?) Shot Monday: Boys Ate Here

Well, it's hardly a 'best' shot but I didn't take many this week what with Baby Angel coming home and all......in a way it just summarises my life at the moment. Attempts to make things 'nice'; to be the poised, centred adult in the face of children and the lack of poise they bring to most situations.

Contrast, for example, our tasteful salt and pepper grinders with the plastic IKEA cup; the folky table cloth and contrasting weave mats with the faded, cheerful kidstyle cork mats in the middle; the vase of flowers from the garden (ok you can only just see them) with the plastic sauce bottle. And don't even ask me what they were doing with the torch.....who knows.....

I am trying to train Mr 9 to take his table mat to the sink and shake off the crumbs at the same time as he puts his plate in the dishwasher. *sigh* I suspect that would not have been enough in this case.

I made it to school by 7am today all kitted out and ready to exercise. There were only 2 of us there. :-( I suppose it was only the first day back.

Undeterred, we went for a walk around the block and then I did a few sit ups and other floor based exercises in my office. At least waking up at dawn and lying awake until 5.45am so I didn't miss the alarm, wasn't completely wasted.

For a glimpse at other people's photo of the week.....

little bsm button

9 comments:

Maya said...

So I have this to look forward to? Yikes! It doesn't get better huh? :)

Melody A. said...

Have no fear, it looks just like that here!

Brittany said...

wow. those boys! haha.

I loveeeeee the salt and pepper mills you have. Those are beautiful!!

Good luck with Back to School time!

Christina said...

ROFL! This soooo makes me laugh! That could be Nadia's spot...or my husband's he still leaves a mess like that too!

Good for you for following through with the exercise! You go, girl!

natalie said...

Oh, my goodness...I would die if I had to wake up at 5:45 a.m. I am SUCH a night person. Teaching goes so much against my natural clock that I struggle to make it to school on time.

Are you kidding? My table looks like that all the time, but usually it's so covered in junk pile upon junk pile that we have to scoot junk over just to have a spot for our plates. I'm working on that, I REALLY am.

kim said...

Ahhh... that's all too familiar. I leave the table clothe off altogether because I'd be washing it every day with the way my daughter and husband eat!

Cari said...

So glad you are enjoying time with Baby Angel and the entire family back together!

Love your salt & pepper mills. So cool.

Dawn said...

i'm with kim, no tablecloths for a few years now. just no point in it.

ah, IKEA. how i love thee.

Bunny said...

My table seems to always look like that! And don't even ask about the floor underneath...