Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 22 October 2007

Best Shot Monday: Mmmmmmm

Second Son and the Baby Angel sharing one of the things they have in common......passion for ice cream. This Rocky Road Sundae came in the huge glass you see but Baby Angel opted to serve her portion out into a plate. I mean, you wouldn't want to share with your brother would you?...eeew...boy germs!!!!!

This was taken at the local 'Hogs Breath Cafe' on the occasion of Number 1 son's 21st birthday. I didn't get a picture of him that doesn't need some retouching however, and as I still don't have Photoshop I will save the picture until I can figure out a way to get rid of his red eye in Paint or something. (Good grief...its like the Digital Jurassic Period here)... Suffice to say he had a nice steak, enjoyed his time out with us but was saving the real celebrations for a night out with his mates.

As you can see the Baby Angel has taken her braids out. This occurred during a sleepover at a friend's house on Sat night. She was horrified on washing her hair to find that it was coming out in handfuls after having been braided for 3 weeks so we did a 'makeover' girlie afternoon on Sunday where I put a 'hair masque' on for her, then gave her a manicure. It's looking better now after a bit of TLC. I don't know where all this curly hair comes from. She certainly didn't have it as a kid and no one in my family has the suggestion of a curl, although mine has a tendency to 'move' (a la Bette Midler in Beaches).

Himself's family on the other hand, are blessed with thick, wiry, curly reddish hair. Very Viking. In fact I feel moved to post this long ago picture of Himself looking like Erik the Red.
Not hard to see where his heritage lies eh? Genes are certainly amazing things. Oh well, best be off to school. Only 8 weeks in this term and one has gone already. There's more assessment, reports and end of year exams to go yet. Yikes. Might not be as blog active as usual in an effort to get things done with less stress than at the end of term 2 and 3. Maybe.

As always, click here for some much better shots!

little bsm button

5 comments:

Melody A. said...

Have you tried www.picnik.com? Photo editing made easy.

And BA is just adorable!

chaoticfamily said...

Well happy b-day to your boy - looks like you all had fun! :)

Brittany said...

haha I love your blog! It always makes me smile!

BA looks a lot like you. Does she act like you, too?

Christina said...

I'm glad to see your BSM...you're usually one of the first to post, so I was a little concerned when I didn't see you there.
that's one big ince cream sundae! LOL at BA serving herself seperately. I must say, she looks better with curls than with braids!

Maggie said...

That looks like one yummy sundae!