Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 26 October 2007

Theme Thursday: Glow

It's about 4 in the morning and I had been asleep since 8.30pm so I got up to think, belatedly, about Theme Thursday. Glow. This week has been full of marking and planning and meetings and housework; there's been little time for photography. Perhaps I had something in the files...?

As I rummaged through my digital collection I heard rustlings in the kitchen. Mice?
No, Number 2 Son helping himself to a pre-dawn snack.
"Have you looked outside?" he queried. "I was wondering why I couldn't get to sleep."

All thoughts of previous glowing shots vanished. I was looking out onto the most amazing moonscape over the sea. From our balcony the sky was dawn bright and the moon glazed a sliver white mirror sea. Worth being awake for. I am frustrated by lack of large lens and a very unsteady hand but here's what I came up with.
Of course none of them really do it justice. It's just as well I have other talents! Oh, and just for good measure (and because I had already uploaded it) here's the other shot I was considering for Glow. Tokyo Disney, January 1st 2003.
For more Glowing efforts, visit Tracey and the gang at Picture This.

11 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, now that's a site that's worth getting up at the crack of darn for! Absolutely amazing. You are truly fortunate to live surrounded by such beauty. And I think you did a fantastic job capturing it!

Dawn said...

I love 'em all, and even though you don't feel the shots of the moonscape are up to par, you certainly captured the "take-your-breath-away" mood it evoked, both in pictures and in your words. Love reading your blog!!

Arizaphale said...

I don't know if you meant to type it Christina but 'crack of DARN' is right!!! hahaha. I'm off to bed for 45min before I have to get up for fitness training.

Blueberry said...

wow! what a lovely moon. it would be worth being up at that hour if i got to see that!!

Brittany said...

Ohhh I love the castle photo! That is so beautiful!

The moon shots are so amazing! You don't need a new camera; you have talent! I needed the new camera because I needed it to do it all for me... no talent here. lol

Anonymous said...

i love that last one...We have never been....but it sure does glow!

Rose said...

Nice shots, I know, I wish I had a different camera too! Love the Disney picture and now that you mention it, I think I have one like that!

Anonymous said...

the moon was spectacular everywhere last night! i think you did a great job and who can have a steady hand at 4am??

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Quite breath taking!
Elisa

Maggie said...

Those are stunning! And the fact that you took them at 4 am makes them even more impressive!!

Cari said...

WOW! That is amazing. I absolutely LOVE the reflections off the water. Just gorgeous.
And the Disney glow is so fun. :)