Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 16 November 2007

The Garden Afterwards

If you've had a chance (or the interest) to watch the old video I uploaded last night, you will know I mentioned the work we did on that old garden. Well, here are a few snaps from Nov 05, approx 3 years later. The place that the BA ran to in order to show us her swing set was at the bottom of the garden, to the right of the blue seat. As you can see the grass is well established now and there are a couple of big flower beds encircling the upper terrace and a set of stairs leading down through the middle to the lower terrace. Unfortunately, we never had the time or the resources to finish the lower terrace but its always nice to leave something for the other people to do!!!!
In this picture you can see my washing line again (sigh, always full) and the last bed I did before I left. Those are hibiscus in there. I was hoping to create a hibiscus hedge against the wall at the back of the house.

In our current house we still have a long way to go but it is nice to see that you made an impression somewhere!!

7 comments:

Melody A. said...

I LOVE hibiscus. So do deer apparrently here. Talk here is always about finding something that the deer won't eat.

Brittany said...

That is SO beautiful.

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Can I fly you over the states so you can tackle our overgrown garden?

Christina said...

Ahhh, what a beautiful back garden! I have no talent with green things...I kill them all!

Arizaphale said...

Talk here is about finding something you don't have to water!!!
And sorry M, my garden is doing overgrown here now too. Different garden. I'll get round to it eventually. Mum's coming soon so she may get me motivated. She's the gardening queen.

Maya said...

Oh that is so lovely! Makes me want to work on our yard!

kim said...

Wow, thats a huge improvement. You must have a green thumb. I love gardening, but have just gotten into it, so I'm still working on my style and trying to improve my knowledge.