Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 10 December 2007

Best Shot Monday: Rabbit Ears

This is my favourite shot from the weekend. It was No2 Son's 19th birthday and we went out to a pizza restaurant. There's something about 9 year olds that when anyone tries to take a picture they put up 'rabbit ears' behind your head! But ah-hah! I didn't come down in the last shower! I knew what was going on!! Small Boy was telling everyone not to give him away but I was already on the case :-D. I love this shot. It's such fun! Of course, I didn't take it. Himself did, with my crappy PAS but he can make even a 3.2 mega pixel camera take good shots!!


Here is my best shot!! Turns out the table we were at was appropriate to No2's age!! The beer bottle is a metaphor (or perhaps just a fact of life) and the shirt is actually covered with his father's artwork! Many years ago Himself designed the labels for a certain iconic South Australian brand of beer. The company has since produced a shirt. (there is a tie to match but I thought that might be taking things a little too far).........

So, how was your weekend? Share your Best Shots by clicking the link below.

little bsm button

18 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

it's a like a mini-scrapbook of the birthday celebration all in one picture! what a great shot...and i LOL at the mischievious look of the bunny-ear-er....

Maya said...

The bunny ears are hilarious! What a fun way to celebrate a birthday.

Brittany said...

ha ha ha! Love the bunny ears. I like your glasses,too! :)

What is the legal drinking age, there?

Christina said...

You guys have such fun together! I love the caught-in-the-act bunny ears. And that shirt is too cool! Happy birthday, #2 son!

kim said...

Two very cool shots. Looks like you all had fun.

Unknown said...

I love the bunny ear story - and the little mischief-makers giggle is so cute. What a fun little party - and a Happy Birthday to No. 2!!

Arizaphale said...

Drinking age is 18!

Melissa D said...

Fun pictures and fun stories! :)

A Free Man said...

I used to hear SOOOOO many tales of how good Coopers was from south Australians, that when we actually got some in the States it was a big disappointment. Cool that your guy did their artwork though!

Blessed Nest said...

I love it and love the story behind the pictures. The shirt is SO SO cool!

Sara said...

happy birthday to son #2 great photos

come check out what my brat did!

http://itsnotaboutthatanyway.blogspot.com/2007/12/best-shot-monday-never-leave-2-year-old.html

Maggie said...

How fun! And I LOVE the shirt! Happy Birthday to him!

mandaroo63 said...

That's such a great, fun photo. And, what a talented husband you have. Happy bday to your 19 year old, hope he had a great time!

emily said...

What a fun picture! Good catch, mom.

Jessie said...

I was going to ask what beer, but Chris' comment answered that. Jeff and I will try some this weekend and admire the artwork! (If we can find it here in podunk). Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Jessie said...

You guys look like you had such a fun time! I love the rabbit ears and just did them in a picture this weekend - even a 36 year old can have the heart of a 9 year old sometimes :) Have a great week!

Blueberry said...

love that first picture! so cute!!

Melody A. said...

I've always tried to figure out the joy behind rabbit ears. Kids love it.