Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 1 December 2007

Mum and Dad are Here and Its HOT HOT HOT

Look who we picked up from the airport this morning. That's Mum in the silly hat and Dad grinning in the foreground. They've certainly arrived to full-on first day of Summer December weather!!!

27C??????????? This weather widget is WAAAAAAAAY out!!!!!! It is stinking hot and I am going to have to go for a swim. (not a pretty sight) Himself and the kids are already in. I think he's paying them to pick leaves and hunks of bark off the bottom of the pool. One problem with living near the Gorge is that when there's a gully wind (most of the time), everything blows into our yard.

We're not talking about sailing today as the boys didn't perform very well. They adjusted the rake on their mast and as Himself put it, they sailed as if they were dragging buckets!! Well at least they'll know to adjust it the other way next time!

Gotta go; I'm supposed to be cleaning up the house for M&D coming for dinner tonight! They have a little house a few suburbs away which they stay in when they're here. They're here for four months actually so its great for them to have their own space.

I'm procrastinating! Vacuuming awaits.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool blog!!! love the cute family pics

SusieJ said...

It's so fun for me to read this -- while we're freezing, you're burning up! and your parents look very happy to see you. Goof off all you want. It's Christmas!

Christina said...

Yay, welcome Mum and Dad! I bet you're on cloud nine right about now. ;o) That's great they'll be there for so long, and great they habe their own space. I still can't wrap my head aroudn the concept of a hot Christmas and summer in December.

Harlekwin said...

Hi Arizaphale. I just answered your comment on my site and thought I'd pop in to take a look at the header your husband made for you... it's wonderful!

You mentioned in your comment that you would like to add a second sidebar to your site. You've given me an idea. My post on Tuesday will be instructions for adding a second sidebar to the Minima template (that's the easiest one to change in my opinion).

Your folks certainly look thrilled to be arriving! Have a wonderful visit.

Congratulations on completing the NaBloPoMo challenge! I did it too.

A Free Man said...

Nice that you get your folks for a while. I'm hoping that when we move to Oz and my parents finally retire that they'll spend a couple months a year with us and their grandkids. A separate house is a great idea ;)

Blueberry said...

your parents are just adorable!! :)
have fun this summer with them... oh that sounds weird! december always equals winter in my brain.

kim said...

Hope you're having fun with your folks. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Stacy said...

Wow, 4 months! It is great that they are able to spend so much time with your family...and that they have their own space.