Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 17 February 2008

The Book Meme

Brittany did this meme and it's sheer randomness appealed to me.

Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people



Here goes. Nearest book right?

"Convert the following: 15km to m, 240mm to cm, 32m to cm (you get the picture)
A giant squid was caught and stretched from tentacle to tentacle. It measured 9625mm."

That's three sentences! In case you are desperate to know, the last sentence on page 123 is
"What is its length in centimetres and metres?"

Riveting eh? It would be nice to read literature again.

Oh wait! There is another book behind the maths book. Let me try this one.

It's almost a relief when a woman appears and asks me to follow her down the hall. She's about thirty, with a lively face that stills to concentrate as if what you're saying is the most important thing she's ever heard. Her name's Laura and she says that it's my time, to talk about whatever I like, and that nothing I say will leave the room.

Now that's a bit better. It's from 'Peeling the Onion' by Wendy Orr. I haven't read it yet. I have maths to plan......

4 comments:

Brittany said...

that math one... seems like pleasure reading to me. lol

Christina said...

Always a teacher. :o)

kim said...

funny..
This meme is on my list too, but since my book is most usually upstairs, I need to remember to bring it down.

Rose said...

Yay! You did the book meme. I admit, I won't be opening any math books soon, but I will look into Peeling the Onion.

It's fun to see what people are reading, or learning, or teaching...