Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 2 February 2008

A Plethora of Memes

Maggie over at 'and the duck said...' has tagged me for the Fantastic Fours meme. Here goes.


Four jobs you've had in your life

1. checkout chick
2. doctor's receptionist
3. sprouker: step over to the kitchenware department where we have a fantastic special on...
4. voiceover artist. Come to think of it..I've never been paid for this.....unless you count what's
mine is yours etc etc etc

Four movies that you would watch over and over:

1. Love Actually

2. The Matrix

3. A Knight's Tale

4. Dirty Dancing


Four places you've lived:

1. Geelong, Victoria
2. Vaucluse, Sydney
3. Southampton, UK
4. Toronto, Canada

Four TV shows that you love to watch (or used to watch):

1. Heroes
2. Lost, although we're starting to think it might not be true
3. Ugly Betty
4. The Mighty Boosh (although we only have it on DVD)

Four places you've been on vacation:

1. France
2. Cyprus
3. Spain
4. Victor Harbour

Four websites you visit daily:

1. Mine
2. School's
3. I refuse to name any more on the grounds that I do not have enough numbers so
somebody may be offended and anyway it will reveal my internet addiction


Four of your favorite foods

  1. two minute noodles with egg, cheese, onion and cabbage
  2. bacon and egg sandwiches
  3. peanut butter
  4. anything I don't have to cook and I mean that as in 'open and eat' as well as 'someone else cooks it'.


Four places you would rather be right now:

  1. visiting any number of friends and family in the UK
  2. Thredbo, mid winter, top to bottom coverage on Crackenback
  3. having a beer and some bratwurst with headbang8 in Munich
  4. St Briac, Brittany, France
As for tags.....anyone who wants to play. Just leave a comment to tell us you've posted.

**********************************************************************************

Chris also tagged me, somewhat vengefully I thought :-D, for this meme.

The rules are you have to answer each question by using the first letter of your name. You can’t use your own name either.

He used up the initial of my own first name.......so I am going with A, for Arizaphale.

1. Famous Singer: Anne Murray (woah THAT was a dredge back in time.....)
2. Four Letter Word: arse
3. Street: Arundel Avenue
4. Color: aquamarine
5. Gifts/Present: anything under $50.00
6. Vehicle: ambulance
7. Things in Souvenir Shop: aboriginal art
8. Boy Name: Arnold
9. Girl Name: Araminta
10. Movie title: Atonement
11. Drink: another (as in....I'll have 'another')
12. Occupation: artist
13. Celebrity: Anyone with enough money, a boob job and a good publicist.
14. Magazine: Australian Women's Weekly. Now published monthly. Seriously.
15. U.S. City: Amarillo. (well it was in a song.....I presume it's a city)
16. Pro Sports: Angling
17. Fruit: apricot
18. Reason for Being Late to work: arrival delayed by sloth, chiefly my own as opposed to the
one recently escaped from the zoo
19. Something you throw away: answers to memes
20. Something you shout: .....and if I have to ask you ONE MORE TIME.........

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Headbang8 has tagged me quite explicitly vengefully for THIS meme

Herewith: The High School Metaphor Meme.

Every year, high-school English teachers submit the funniest metaphors and similies collected from student essays.

A recent list included:


  • It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

  • He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

  • Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

  • He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

  • He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.
The list seems to have done the rounds of blogs and humour sites. But I have never found its original source. I suspect that somebody just made these up and they became an urban legend.

Now it's time for YOU to get in on the act. Make up three of these, post them, and pass the challenge on to three more people. They add to the list, pass it on, and yada yada yada.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sheesh Headbang. That sounds like bl**dy hard work! Memes are supposed to be mindless, self-indulgent trivia.......on second thoughts......this probably counts. I'll give it some thought and get back to it.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

those were great. I too could watch Dirty Dancing over and over...oh wait... I used to. No joke. I lost count at 500. My mom used to keep a tally when I was little, because I watched it SO much!! ha ha ha.

Andi said...

Wow. You have been busy! And I thought the first one was hard. Nat tagged me and my answers are up. The other ones do seem quite challenging. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Amarillo is a city, in the great state of Texas.

Anonymous said...

Brittany and Hipmomma beat me to both of my comments.....

I LOVE DIRTY DANCING (the movie - not the activity itself - tee hee). Patrick Swayze is so yummy! "No one puts Baby in a corner!" Oh dreamy.

And yes, Amarillo is indeed a US City in Texas!
Elisa

Christina said...

Yep, the others beat me too it! Amarillo is indeed a city in Texas!

Love your answer for why you're late to work...

Maggie said...

Yay! I love reading about other people...

And I have to say - you have been to a LOT of super cool places on vacation - I am totally jealous!

Dawn said...

"arse" - ha ha ha ha ha!!!

The Honourable Husband said...

ian in Hamburg has done his homework. Have you?

http://lettershometoyou.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/metaphorically-speaking-memes-are-like-whatever/