Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 13 March 2008

Good Morning

Was just sitting down to do a nice post about yesterday's Sports' Carnival when I get a message to do 2 relief lessons this morning (grrr...hate reliefs).

So truncated news: still hot, we broke the all time heatwave record on Tuesday, but we got all the events completed by 12.10pm so it was just starting to reeeeeeeally heat up. I think it had only been 34c up til then :-D. I think I have sunscreen poisoning from constant reapplication.

Not as successful a day as the swimming carnival. With events happening all over the place it was hard to get any team spirit going. Usually we have novelty events at the end , tug of war etc...but it was too hot so they have been postponed. I spent most of the day manning the water stand. We started off with boxes of spring water and ended up filling the water coolers with bags of ice and water from the tap!!!!! I don't even want to think of the health and safety rules we probably broke there. Oh well, builds up their immunities and anyway, with the way things are going on the water front, they will soon be happy to drink their own distilled sweat!!!!!! (Dune: Frank Herbert)

At midnight last night the cooler was still on 'high' and everyone is feeling the lethargy and mental exhaustion that comes with seemingly endless heat. The forecast takes this weather right into the weekend.....sheesh.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

kim said...

We've a "heat wave" here, today. We hit a high of 50 degrees F! Lucky us!

Brittany said...

ugh. Stay cool, my friend!!!

Gawlerites said...

In Dune the biggest water gain was from a body, as I work in the industry may be able to help out at a later stage Yuk Yuk

A Free Man said...

I know that the heat can realllly wear you done, but I've got to say that I'm ready for a bit of it!