Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 1 April 2008

Truthy Weirdness


Two things to post tonight, a Truthiness photo (what am I thinking??????) and a meme.

Now is it just me but do many people exhibit a similar expression when taking their own photo, especially without makeup?????

I have not bothered to do ANYTHING to this photo as a) it is not worth it and b) we are supposed to be being truthy. Thanks for this prompt Tracy.

Good grief, when did those lines get so deep? Do NOT view this photo large folks. I repeat do NOT....

And now for Melody. The Seven Weird Things meme. I have done this in another guise as a Seven Random Things meme but to make it weird was challenging.

Me: Can you think of 7 weird things about me?
Himself: Why would I want to do that?
Me: It's for a meme...
Himself: Well, you married me for one, that was pretty weird.
Me: (outraged) Not at all!!!!! I'd do it all over again. No, I want something reeeally weird.
Himself: Well, you snore like a man.
Me: (protesting) Only when I'm drunk!
Himself: What's your point?
Me: No really......I need 7 things
Himself: Well actually...you're not that weird.
Me: So...I'm boring?
Himself: (snorts) No. You're just not......(searches for a better word, fails to find one) weird.

So now...Seven Weird Things About Me

1. I met my husband through an internet dating service and married him within 6 months.
With all its ups and downs, still one of my better decisions.

2. I snore like a man. I also laugh like a man and if it was within my earthly powers I would also p*** like a man as it would be SO much easier, especially when camping.

3. I can sleep anywhere. I mean anywhere. I frequently sleep under my desk or in an alcove in my office...on the floor. Last year I slept at lunchtime on the sofas in the staff room...in full view of all staff (that was before I had an alcove). Well, it was lunchtime. My boss once thought I was dead when he came upon me asleep under my desk. I might point out I was on my own time at that point. One of my students made me a sign saying 'Sleeping Beauty within'. She made it when I was asleep and stuck it on my office door. I still have it :-)

4. I eat peanut butter out of the jar. On a spoon.

5. I eat the tails of prawns. I draw the line at heads.

6. I am generally half an hour late for everything. Except when its reeeally important, then I am only 5 minutes late. This can be crucial when catching a plane.

7. I do not think this is weird but my family says it is. I like to read all the information on all the plaques at the museum. Why else are they there?????????


Phew. That was harder than I thought it would be!

No tags from me but happy to read any weird fact from any of you if you'd like to join in!!!!

11 comments:

Maggie said...

Excellent list - and I love your truthiness photo too!

Andi said...

Your truthiness photo is so GREAT! I am amazed at everyone's ability to do this...I will still have to ponder it some more...maybe do a test morning shot and see what happens. (BTW, that is THE photo I was speaking about in my BSM post!The one that I am not "brave enough" for...)I just know how seriously frightening I am, so I do not think I can subject anyone that doesn't love me to that!
I LOVE the weird facts that you listed. The sleeping anywhere one is SO funny to me! I really cannot imagine sleeping at school. I once was sick (I OFTEN go to work sick, as I HATE to call in) and I put my head down on my desk for a few minutes only to fall fast asleep. I nearly had a heart attack when a co-worker of mine came in my room. I thought it was a student! LOL- you under your desk! Oh, the bravery!! I, too, eat peanunt butter on a spoon for a snack once in awhile. It is so fun to read about people's quirks. Thanks for sharing!

Blueberry said...

that IS what the plaques are for! i read all the museum info too- but i'm an art nerd (bachelors degree in art history) so it seems perfectly normal to me! :)

Kyddryn said...

I won't even post my photograph on the Internet, so kudos to you!

I learned to..umm...you know...standing up when it was either that or place my nethers far too close to poison ivy for comfort. It is a most useful skill, if you can learn it!

I can sleep anywhere, too! Isn't it lovely?

I am pathologically on time. I am incapable of being late. Really, you could drop me in a desert with no shoes and a pint of water, and I will still be on time for an appointment the next day.

I love that you read museum plaques! It IS why they're put there, after all.

And one of my own - I have no fewer than seven different sorts of tea in my tea cupboard, as well as three different apparatus (apparatuses? Apperati? Apperatusi?) for steeping the stuff (excluding tea bags).

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, are so much braver than I. Someone would pay with their life if they put a photo of my morning self on the internet. Yours doesn't look bad at all.
And your list is great, too! Sometimes it helps to just let all that weirdness out in the open. :)

Rose said...

Both the GID and I eat peanut butter from the jar! It's best that way! And as for museum plaques, I only get to read them when I go alone - and I never go alone. **sigh**

I got truthiness, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your weirdness and your truth. I think you're beautiful, intelligent and fun.:)

Thanks for playing.

Christina said...

LOL, you are a riot!!! @3 especially makes me laugh. Unfortuantely #6 is also me, the result of living with a mother who was early to EVERYthing.

Anonymous said...

OK, the prawns thing is weird but I snore too. Only cuz I have bad allergies and I'm congested. How else can you sleep if you can't breath?

Coming back from the coma, gonna catch up!

The Honourable Husband said...

Actually, I think you get more beautiful as time wears on. The photo is lovely.

Arizaphale said...

That's not what the Bestie's Mum and the Gawlerites had to say about it! I was all but ordered to take it down :-D