Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Best Shot Monday: Sunset Over Baudin Beach


The days have raced past; the last few, like the sun which seems to speed up as it reaches the horizon, have torn through at mach 3. The visit of my youngest sister and her two babies is over tomorrow. I am currently not dealing with this.

Last week, we spent four days on Kangaroo Island (yes, that is its real name) in a holiday shack just over the sandhills from this beach. On the first night, Himself and his fancy schmancy camera and tripod marched off to the beach to try and capture the sunset. I, on the other hand, 'new second hand' DSLR in hand, planted my feet wide, tucked in my elbows and played with my settings. I thought this was a pretty damn fine shot and present it here SOOC!

We had a great time on The Island and I have a plethora of photos to post but it is late now and I need to go to bed so we can drive Baby Sis and her kids to the airport in the morning :-(

As ever, check out Tracey's place for the rest of Best Shot Monday!!

16 comments:

Christina said...

It is a darn fine shot! Beautiful!

Megan said...

ooh, that is lovely!

iMother2.0 said...

what a lovely sliver of sun :)

Amy Jo said...

I'm thinking I should come and live with you during january from now on...seems like a surefire way to beat the wintertime blues! Lovely shot.

chaoticfamily said...

Very lovely...

Blueberry said...

lovely shot, looks so relaxing!

Jen said...

Very beautiful indeed. So serene and calming.

natalie said...

I so love sunset shots. You did great!!!!

Kimberly said...

SOOC? Wowza! Good for you!

Joanna said...

What a peaceful scene. I think I need to get me over to Kangaroo Island!

Anonymous said...

Goodbyes are always the saddest. Me and my sister usually hold back tears in the days before one of us leave and the night before is a total tear-fest! It is a terrible dreadful feeling and just thinking about how far away my sister and nephews live makes me cry!

Arizaphale said...

Don't start me off again Sinead. The BA is taking it badlyy too

Anonymous said...

ya the worst thing about visitors and holidays is that they have to end. When I was wee I didn't take it very well at all and used to cling to people going "don't go, don't go". Maybe I was a bit over-dramatic...

Unknown said...

that is gorgeous...and SOOC to boot! nice work!

it is hard to say goodbye - i feel for you. i miss my baby sis every single day.

Anonymous said...

Love a good sunset shot. Must get to Kangaroo Island one day too.

Bunny said...

Oh it's a beautiful sunset. You did a wonderful job.