Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 9 March 2009

Give What You Grow

A while back now, Susie from SusieJ asked me to spread the word on this. As usual in my ridiculously busy life I have only just got around to it.





As a strictly prune and weed gardener (and not even that nowadays) I feel incredibly guilty when I think of all those brave souls out there growing their veggie gardens and putting food on their own plates. In the face of our drought it is hard enough to keep a bougainvillea alive let alone a carrot. Still, if her eloquent words inspire any of you I will feel that I have contributed ever so slightly to the delay in global warming.

In my defence I do try to 'buy local' and use waste water on the pot plants. And by waste water I mean the 2 inches left in the bottom of my drink bottle. *sigh* I know, I'm pathetic.

No comments: