Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 13 March 2010

Team Up Thursday: Water

Welcome to Team Up Thursday (even though it's Friday) which is a blog carnival held weekly and hosted by Megan over at Mental Inventory and the Hippest Momma around, Melody. The idea is that pairs of bloggers collaborate on a theme and produce a combination of photos, which somehow work together. It's a great idea; a slightly different take on Theme Thursday; a photography challenge and a great way to get to 'meet' new bloggers and their blogs.

I have been watching Team Up Thursday with interest but until this week had not had the time or a partner with which to 'team up'. I sadly mentioned to Melody how much I would like to join in, all the time bemoaning my lack of 'time', and blow me down she called my bluff! I found an email in my in-box directing me to 'A Year of Happy' and the incredibly patient (and talented) JoLyn. Of course, being The Week from Hell I failed to get my photo to her in time and so we are a day late posting and she had to do all the processing; but I am resolved to be a better partner next week.

So, what do you think? Have we shown you 'water'? Have we made you think, feel, experience 'water'? How clever is her shot with the light behind the glass and the movement of the water as it is poured? It makes me think of 'macro/micro' as you see the motion and power of water in two distinct sizes.

If you are intrigued by the idea, click over and check out a few more diptychs. In particular I have to give this series a shout out. What a brilliant concept.

Thanks for being a sport JoLyn and look forward to working with you in the future!

6 comments:

Megan said...

so glad you were able to join in! i saw this dip yesterday on flickr & i just love the colors. those greens & blues and the smoothness of both are just perfect together! can't wait to see what you two are up to next week :).

JoLyn said...

Our photos look great! I think we are going to have a wonderful time working together. And you always make me smile--I love your way with words! :) I posted our photo here on my blog--http://www.ayearofhappy.com/2010/03/playing-with-water.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

Maggie said...

What a great combo! I love that you two picked such different things, but that both shots have the same lovely green shades in them -- just perfect!

MelodyA. said...

Yay! So glad you are playing. Now your partner can pressure you. Ha! Great job on your first dip. I love that one is close up and one is farther back. I would have expected a boat in your water pic. Can't wait to see what you two come up with for next week.

Unknown said...

woo hoo! yes. it does make me think water. welcome aboard, i can't wait to see what you gals come up with!

Jill said...

I been shown water! :-) Seriously, though, gorgeous pics - both of them!