Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 2 July 2010

Team Up Thursday: On The Water

This week's offering for Team Up Thursday is indicative of my current health status: kind of washed out and damp.

For 'On The Water' JoLyn took this wonderful shot of her son in law competing in a triathalon. (No, I have NO idea which one he is :-)) The full shot is gorgeous. All those orange hats!!!I'm afraid I was less inspired and only managed to find some of the seals from the Kangaroo Island fur seal colony. I was inclined to cheat and put up one of Himself's stunning close up shots of a seal frolicking but I am too honest, and anyway, I've posted it once before :-). Still it would have made a great diptych.

For more creative Team Ups, check out Melody and Megan's sites as well as the flickr pool.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Very nice! At first glance, I thought it was all the same picture. You're right - the orange hats are dramatic! Hoping this lets me post. I tried to comment earlier and something wasn't right with blogger somehow.

HipMomma said...

It really looks as if they could be swimming with your seals! Great dip, team. Feel better soon!

Megan said...

these are so pefect together. somehow, the group of seals is echoed below with all those humans thrashing about:). love this dip, you two!

DJ Kirkby said...

I like these photos a lot and could look at them for ages. Sadly, I have to go to work instead :( hope you feel better soon. There is an award over at mine for you, perhaps that will help.

Oscar Zed said...

Great photo.

Melody said...

The triathlon orange is stunning especially in large view.

Hey, I love your seal shot...stop downing it. :)

Maggie said...

Great shots -- I'm with Jill, at first glance I thought that it was only one shot!

Andi said...

I absolutely love this. Really both shots are very nice. and together? Perfection.