Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 9 November 2011

And Yesterday He Bit Me.....

Slugger's been at it again.

But we did get a win. He didn't get what he wanted and after 10 minutes of chair throwing and table clothing ripping, he sat down and got back to his work.

Today, as two new families waited in the foyer for meetings with the Principal etc, Slugger streaked through the double doors and out the other side with his minder in hot pursuit.

We all just shrugged and went about our business.

He has two weeks to make a breakthrough, according to our Principal. After that he'll need to look for a 'fresh start' elsewhere.

I am really hopeful we can make a difference here. After all, I don't want those incisor marks to be in vain.....

5 comments:

The Honourable Husband said...

Heartbreaking. As you know, I admire you immensely, AZP. And moments like this, I admire you even more. I am lucky to count someone with such immense humanity and strength of character as a friend. Love to you.

HH

P.S. To change the subject completely, the word verificattin for this comment is "gagstall". No, really. Sniggering on hold for now.

we_be_toys said...

You have had your hands full, haven't you? Boy, and I thought you just taught math - what an under assumption! Hang in there girl! It sounds like you are making a difference with both of these kids.

Arizaphale said...

WBT: I USED to 'just teach math'...now I am doing what I love....even if it is extremely challenging at times. Thanks for the encouragement.

Arizaphale said...

Oh and HH, thank you. Love you too bro!

Jill said...

Oh and here I got so upset that a boy in my class threw a TENNIS BALL last week! I really was upset at him, until I remembered that he's three and it WAS a ball! :-) Sounds incredibly, incredibly difficult, but it sounds like you are enjoying it way more than the apathy you've faced in years past. Good luck with the next two weeks.